Southgate Property Manager Job at Inner City Christian Federation – Grand Rapids, MI
Job Title: Southgate Property Manager
Department: Real Estate Development and Management (REDM)
Reports To: Senior Property Manager
FLSA Status: Exempt
Effective Date: July 2022
Manages the day-to-day implementation of and compliance with policies, procedures, and programs ensuring well
managed and maintained properties, placing emphasis on positive response to the concerns and needs of our
residents, environmental health and safety, and quality management.
The Site Manager must demonstrate a connection to mission-driven community development. A qualified team
member will oversee 56 apartments of senior living in the downtown GR area, in a fast-paced working
environment with continuously changing priorities. Carrying out the ICCF Community Homes vision means
picking up on new concepts in affordable housing property management, ideas that enhance the rental experience
and positively impacts our neighbors and the Grand Rapids area.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Collects rents, subsidy payments, and other charges due, issues receipts, prepares bank deposits, and inputs
information with proficiency into property management software (Yardi). Takes necessary steps to collect
delinquent or other outstanding charges.
- Initiates and assists with preparation of notices and actions associated with termination of tenancy in
compliance with regulations, laws, and directions from lawyer and owner.
- Investigates security or resident concerns or complaints. Proactively inspects property and rentals to determine
needed repairs and identify unsanitary or unsafe conditions. Initiate corrective actions in all circumstances
including those identified by other inspectors within the allowable time frame.
- Serves residents as the first point of contact with ICCF Community Homes. Assists residents with creating
maintenance requests, recertification documentation, and other communication needs. Promotes positive
relations and communications. Resolves resident concerns and complaints concerning other residents, visitors,
or regarding other housing related matters.
- Participates in the establishment and maintenance of a constructive blended management approach
(integration between property management and support services) to housing across the ICCF Community
Homes portfolio. Collaborates with Housing and Family Services staff to support social, physical wellness, and
other programming pertinent to the building’s population.
- Maintains an efficient office environment through routine filing, etc.
- In coordination with the Facilities Manager, arranges, directs and coordinates activities of maintenance staff or
contractors engaged in cleaning and repair, including emergency, preventative, turnover, inspection, or
routine, through utilization of property management software.
- Collaborates with Facilities Manager to ensure City Code Compliance inspections are completed as required.
Site Manager 7/22
- Monitors the budget, purchases supplies and equipment for use on property and authorize payment of
- Participates in the establishment and maintenance of a marketing plan and procedures to attract new
applicants and retain current residents.
- Assists the Leasing Coordinator with interviewing prospective residents to ascertain needs/wants and housing
qualifications. Explains occupancy terms and provides marketing information, including showing rent ready
apartments and asking those eligible for application submission. Adheres to fair housing opportunity laws
throughout the process.
- When needed, prepares rental agreements for lessees and compliance documents for initial, annual, and
interim certifications as required with information input into property management software. Addresses and
corrects any file audit findings. This work will be under the direction of the Senior Compliance Manager.
- Ensures compliance with all company, local, state and federal safety rules and ensures that unsafe conditions
are corrected in a timely manner.
- Reports all liability and community incidents to the corporate office immediately. Ensures that all workers’
compensations claims are reported and proper paperwork is completed.
- Complies with all Federal and Local Fair Housing regulations and ordinances.
This job has no formal supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university is preferred but not required.
Minimum 3 years working in residential property management, preferably with senior and/or affordable housing;
Related experience and/or training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Michigan Driver’s License and acceptable driving record is required.
LANGUAGE SKILLSExcellent communication skills are necessary to succeed in this position. This position requires outstanding verbal
and written communication skills and the ability to interpret technical details (product and appliance manuals,
etc.) as required. Maintains a positive customer relations attitude.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and
procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups
of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
Site Manager 7/22
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Ability to work with a diverse clientele showing respect and care for all people, regardless of ethnicity, culture,
education, income, age, language, tradition, etc.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully
perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, walk, sit, and reach with hands and arms. The
employee is occasionally required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must
frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals
with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
ICCF Community Homes is an EOE Employer.
To Apply, please send a cover letter and resume to: [email protected]
Site Manager 7/22
Job Type: Full-time
About the Company
Company: Inner City Christian Federation –
Company Location: Grand Rapids, MI